Thursday, September 23, 2010

Crazy Sermon

If I were a child listening to the sermon that Jonathan Edwards gave I would be frightened and confused.  I would think that Jonathan Edwards was either a crazy old fart or I would believe him because I would not know any better.  I am not saying I would not believe in the religion per say but I would not believe all of the crazy stuff he said.   
After reading this I almost laughed.  Jonathan Edwards reminded me of some of those crazy politicians making accusations that do not even come close to making sense.  Also the politicians that like saying things like "I misremembered it."  This guy Jonathan Edwards could have believed in what he was saying or he could have been trying to make people act accordingly to his beliefs.  Either way he was a psycho in my opinion.  Now I am pretty sure that the God in religion is portrayed as a good person/thing that loves everybody not some mass murderer holding you above a pit of fire and death.  But in the end if I were a child listening to Jonathan Edwards back then and I did not know any better I am afraid I might actually have believed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment